818 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Information We Collect And How We Use It
Personal Information You Provide
– When you sign up for a Room Account, we ask you for personal information, including your email address and phone number. We may use that personal information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of Room, and to process any flagging activity, broadcasts or other communication you send to us. In addition, we may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Room services or third parties in order to provide a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
Note that you can conduct audio and video meetings using Room without having a Room Account. You also can contact the Company by emailing us directly without having to register for an account. But for some activities and/or features of Room, like naming a room and saving a room, you need a Room Account.
Log and Usage Information
– When you have a Room Account and access Room services via a browser, application or other device or client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, the length of your video meeting, details regarding the other people participating in the video meeting, device details, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
When you use Room, we may also record information about your usage of the site, such as the number of Room connections you make, the length of those connections and the individuals to whom you make connections. If you are logged in, we may associate this usage information with your Room Account. We do not, however, record or have any access to the audio or video content of any Room connection. Room connections are not recorded or monitored. Room operates using peer to peer technology that connects your computer directly to the computers of other people you connect with. We do not alter the content of the user's screen during screen-sharing, and will not share any content of the user's screen that the user did not intend to share during screen-sharing. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your Room Account.
Third Party Applications
– Room may offer location-enabled services. If you use those services, Room may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
Cookies and Web Beacons
-In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services, and protect the rights or property of the Company or our users. If we use personal information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
– the Company only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of the Room service in the following limited circumstances:
- The individual is 18 or older. Room does not knowingly collect personal information for anyone under 13, and does not share personal information of Account holders who are 13 – 17 years of age.
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such personal information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Information That Is Publicly Available
Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose online may be collected and used by others. In addition, when you create a Room Account, some information about your Room Account and your account activity will be provided to other users of Room. This may include the date you last logged into your Room Account.
Your Room Account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on Room, such as when you create a show or send messages through Room. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment on the site.
You may also choose to add personal information which may include your name, gender, profile picture or other details, that may be visible to other users on Room.
Room does not knowingly direct services to or collect information from children under 13 years of age. The Room Service is intended for a general audience and is not in any way targeted to children under 13 years of age. If any parent, guardian, or other person becomes aware that a child under the age of 13 has submitted any information to Room or Room has otherwise posted or obtained any information about a child under the age of 13, please notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (415) 369-9314 and we will take appropriate steps to remove and/or delete the information.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Some browsers include “Do Not Track” (DNT) features which, when turned on, send a signal to websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked across websites over time. Room does not currently respond to browser DNT signals because there is not yet a common understanding as to how to interpret the DNT signals.
We make every effort to protect your Personal Information and ensure it is accurate, complete and kept private, in a manner consistent with industry standards. We restrict access to personal information to Company employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Advertising on Room
The Company strives to provide you with relevant and useful advertising through Room. We may use a range of information including cookies, web beacons, IP addresses, usage data and other information about your activity online, computer or device (such as browser type and operating system) or other information to provide you with relevant advertising. While you are logged in or logged out of your Room Account, we may also show you advertising based on information you have provided to us in your Room Account.
We may use various cookies on Room to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads on this site and other Room products and services. Advertisers may serve ads based on interests and demographic categories associated with non-personally identifiable online activity, such as videos viewed, shows created or other activity. Advertisers may also serve ads to you based on previous activity on that advertiser’s website or based on non-personally identifiable information from other companies.
You can opt-out of advertising communications or cookie use as described in Opt-Out Choices below.
Retention of Personal Information
Your Choices and Access
If you have a Room Account, you may access, update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences and settings at any time by visiting your Room account settings. You may control the information that is available to other users at any time by editing your Room account settings. You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through Room, in which case you can still explore Room, but Room may not be able to provide certain services to you.
For those Room Account holders who are California residents ages 13 – 17, in addition to the choices and access listed above, you can also request that the Company remove information posted by you to a Room Service. However, the Company cannot guarantee complete removal of the content; it will depend on the type, volume, and age of the content that you request to be deleted.
Should you choose to opt-out of being contacted by Room or the Company for any reason, at any time, you can use the Room Notification Controls found in the “Settings” section on the Room site to review and control your notification settings. To find your settings, log in to Room and click the “Settings” icon on the home page main menu. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Room features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
The Company processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country. For questions concerning the product or your Room account, please check out the help content.
For more information about our privacy practices, email us at email@example.com
Effective Date: May 28th 2014